I was directly involved with the Economic Development program in Orange County. This names just a few of the activities I have engaged in to prepare myself to assume the position of County Commissioner. Develop or execute strategies to address issues such as energy use, resource conservation, recycling, pollution reduction, waste elimination, transportation, education, and building design.
- Direct sustainability program operations to ensure compliance with environmental or governmental regulations.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of sustainability programs.
- Develop methodologies to assess the viability or success of sustainability initiatives.
- Develop, or oversee the development of, marketing or outreach media for sustainability projects or events.
- Develop, or oversee the development of, sustainability evaluation or monitoring systems.
- Develop sustainability reports, presentations, or proposals for supplier, employee, academia, media, government, public interest, or other groups.
- Evaluate and approve proposals for sustainability projects, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and integration with other initiatives.
- Formulate or implement sustainability campaign or marketing strategies.
- Research environmental sustainability issues, concerns, or stakeholder interests.
- Review sustainability program objectives, progress, or status to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Supervise employees or volunteers working on sustainability projects.
- Write and distribute financial or environmental impact reports.
- Write project proposals, grant applications, or other documents to pursue funding for environmental initiatives.
- Conduct sustainability or environment-related risk assessments.
- Create and maintain sustainability program documents, such as schedules and budgets.
- Identify and evaluate pilot projects or programs to enhance the sustainability research agenda.
- Identify educational, training, or other development opportunities for sustainability employees or volunteers.
Tools used in this occupation:
|Calculators or accessories — 10-key calculators|
|Mobile phones — Smartphones|
|Notebook computers — Laptop computers|
|Photocopiers — Photocopying equipment|
|Portable data input terminals — Handheld computers|
|Scanners — Computer data input scanners|
|Special purpose telephones — Multi-line telephone systems|
|Videoconferencing systems — Video teleconferencing systems|
Technology used in this occupation:
|Data base user interface and query software — Microsoft Access; Oracle software|
|Electronic mail software — Email software|
|Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Great Plains software; SAP software|
|Internet browser software — Web browser software|
|Office suite software — Microsoft Office software|
|Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint|
|Project management software — Microsoft Project|
|Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel|
|Video conferencing software — Teleconferencing software|
|Word processing software — Microsoft Word|
|Achievement — Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.|
|Independence — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.|
|Working Conditions — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer job security and good working conditions. Corresponding needs are Activity, Compensation, Independence, Security, Variety and Working Conditions.|
|Recognition — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer advancement, potential for leadership, and are often considered prestigious. Corresponding needs are Advancement, Authority, Recognition and Social Status.|
|Relationships — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.|
|Support — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.|
I have concerns for both small businesses and our neighborhoods. I would like to promote more neighborhood unity in order to create a safer environment for our families.
In order to promote a stronger, economic growth for our families, we will offer various workshops and seminars on financial planning, retirement, starting new businesses, incorporating, real estate purchases, investment, and business ethics.
One of the ways we can promote economic development and community unity is to have festivals such as CyFest Celebration. We joined forces with Mark Martinez and created a very well-organized facility.